10.14.2014

Peninsula Hong Kong | truly elegant Kowloon hotel



First, a word about Hong Kong and the protests. I didn't see or hear the slightest indication of any disruption during my twenty-four hours in Hong Kong. I spent a day in Kowloon at the iconic Peninsula Hong Kong. Booked through a Virtuoso/PEN Club agency, you'll receive a complimentary daily buffet breakfast for two; a $100 hotel credit good towards food, beverage, and spa; upgrade if available; and flexible check-in/check-out times ("Pen Time").

A truly elegant hotel, a uniformed doorman will usher you into the Peninsula's grand lobby where you can enjoy Afternoon Tea or just enjoy a drink. I last visited the hotel in 2007. It has since undergone a total renovation of the guest rooms, and I loved the outcome! We stayed in a Deluxe Courtyard Room, and I would not hesitate to recommend this room to clients. Of course, you can book a Grand Deluxe Harbour View room and enjoy the view of Victoria Harbour and the Hong Kong skyline beyond.

What to do in Kowloon? Plenty of high end shopping, local food (we had dinner at Jade Garden, right by the Ferry terminal), and the nightly light show over Victoria Harbour.

copyright (c) 2014 by David Ourisman LLC. All rights reserved. We provide Virtuoso and other Preferred Partner amenities as an affiliate of Brownell Travel. If you have comments on this column, or questions about booking travel, email me or visit my website.

No comments: